Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The countdown is repeating itself


Here we go again. I leave in less than a week. Wow. I am currently trying to get my life in order so I can leave home for three months and not have Jim calling me with questions or needs. We're just wrapping up our income taxes. Gotta have $$$ in the bank for my share of the mortgage. Gotta leave him a check for other expenses. Hmmm. This internship is getting to be quite expensive!

I've got a mental list of things I want to take. Now I must make that list a reality and start packing. It is hard to pack for three months. Late February and early March can be quite cold and frigid. I could see ice and snow. You know the old saying, "March: In like a lion, out like a lamb." I looking forward to some nice lamb. I feel like I'm getting ready to go to college or summer camp. There will be a bed waiting for me, but I've got to make the place feel like home. Perhaps I should bring a few Fillmore posters for my walls and a few candle holders.

What cheese books do I bring? Steve gave me a reading list. I got the books. Read the ones that I didn't already have. I hate reading the dry stuff referring to the chemical reactions in milk proteins. Lipase, casein, etc. I learn my observing, doing and screwing up. A book can only sink in on one level. I'm all about practical applications.

Think I better start writing a comprehensive list of things to do and pack.

Tick, tick, tick. I leave early Tuesday morning.

No comments: